Sunday, May 1, 2011

The time of my life (first part)

Everyone has his own life whether it is happy or sad, so do I. I have and I lead a topsy turvy life which makes my life so colourful and I enjoy it very much. I have a sister and I think she is perfect in everything, especially in school subjects. I must admit that I am far behind her knowledge, her ability in doing things and her intelligence. There's sometime I think over and over again, what can I do to win and what can I do to be smarter than her , but as soon as I have this kind of thinking, soon I realize that this kind of thinking will make me become a greedy person. I don't want to do it again, to be smarter than her. I am happy with all I am , and I should be thankful for everything that I own. She is going to further her study to East Anglia, England but I'm going to further my study to Singapore. At first , I just can't get enough with this situation , but at last I got the point that she's smarter and she deserves to go there and maybe someday my parents can ask me to go there to continue my master degree after I finished my undergraduate study in Singapore.


Sometimes, I feel like there is siblings' rivalry between my sister and I, but we take it really simple that no one of us will get hurt or disappointed with our report results. Formerly, my grannies used to compare me to my sister. They always said that I couldn't be as clever as her and the kept on giving her presents when she got the first rank in her class almost 6 years in the Elementary School. But now, I realize it is unuseful to try to get better than her because everyone has talents and one should improve it to show to the world that one has ability and one has his own dreams.Well, she is good at English , better than I ,but I do better in Mandarin cause I know Mandarin is not an easy language to be learnt because of it's syllabus and the pronunciation of every character is different and sometimes it has two different pronunciations in a Mandarin character.
Thank God , i have found my ability and I'm happy with this situation because I don't have to get tired to fight against my sister in the sibling rivalry and I don't need to be smarter than her because everyone is born to be unique and everyone is born to have his own talent and ability ! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment